After my first attempt at gluten free biscotti was a success, I determined I must continue. I consider it the best breakfast treat of all personally.
I hope you enjoy.
Dark Chocolate Chip Biscotti (Gluten & Dairy free)
- 3/4 cup of Bob Red Mill’s Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup of Bob Red Mill’s Organic Gluten Free White Rice Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder (gluten free version of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. guar gum
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips of your choice
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat oil, vanilla and whole eggs. Add this mixture to the large bowl mixing with a large spoon. Your dough will be dry and quite crumbly. Don’t be alarmed by this.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead in the dark chocolate chips.
- With your hands, roll the dough into a small log about 8 inches long.
- Place the log onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Flatten the roll to about 1 inch thick.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 tbsp. sugar and cocoa powder.
- Gently brush the 1 egg white across the top of the roll and then sprinkle with the sugar and cocoa powder mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the sheet and cool for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 325F.
- Slice the log into 1/2 inch pieces cutting diagonally. Lay the pieces cut sides down on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and turn the cookies to their other side and cook an additional 10 minutes. Allow biscotti to cool completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 12 biscotti