I want to share with you all a new recipe. The first of my mini loaves recipes. You see, I decided to go out and purchase some mini loaves pans. These pans have 8 servings in each. For those of you who would rather not go out and purchase a pan for mini loaves, I suggest using a muffin pan. A 6 serving muffin pan should equal the 8 serving mini loaves recipe I am including below.
I hope you enjoy the first recipe in what will become a series of my mini loaves. If you are interested in getting the pan I am using, here is the link. Wishing you happy baking today and always!
Almond Mini Loaves (gluten free)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of trader joe’s fat free vanilla coconut milk
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. aluminum free double acting baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup almond slivers (salted)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 380 F.
- Coat 8 serving mini loaves pan (or 6 serving muffin pan) with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or wire whisk. Then beat in the melted butter, coconut milk, sugars, almond extract and sea salt making sure the mixture become smooth.
- In the same large mixing bowl, measure and drop in the xanthan gum, baking powder, and flours (reserve the almond meal and almond slivers for mixing in later), then mix with a mixing spoon. Unlike baking that uses gluten, you do not want to over mix anything. Do NOT use an electric mixer. If you beat the batter too much it will not rise and will not have the desired consistency. You want to mix with a mixing spoon just enough that all of the ingredients are dissolved throughout the batter.
- Add the almond meal to the large mixing bowl and mix. Last, mix in the almond slivers, mixing till they are evenly distributed.
- Fill the mini loaves to 2/3 full (if using muffin pan instead, fill muffin cups 3/4 full).
- Bake mini loaves in 380 F oven for 20-25 minutes. Check that they are fully cooked by inserting a toothpick in the center. The toothpick should come out clean. If not, put back in the oven for 2 minute intervals until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool mini loaves for a minimum of 30 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve immediately or store for a maximum of 4 days.
Servings: 8 mini loaves or 6 medium sized muffins